- Outreach healthcare programs: The Rural Health Care Development Centre (RHCDC) delivers free and subsidized healthcare to rural and semi-urban population, through 30 satellite centres. The dental college delivers daily dental care services at 5 centres and weekly services in 10 centres. In addition, the Medic-social works (MSW), Public Health Dentistry departments conduct screening, healthcare delivery, surveillance and awareness camps in rural and outreach and operates through collaborations with Govt. and Non- Govt. Organizations.More than 3000 outreach camps have been conducted in the last 5 years.
- Family Adoption Programme: Under the Govt. of India program, the institution has adopted five villages demonstrating social responsiveness. Students are involved in understanding the village structure and function through baseline household health surveys, health education sessions on hazards of substance abuse, nutrition, personal hygiene and healthcare.
- Cancer Awareness Outreach Program: Supported by Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports, Govt. of Karnataka and the NSS with 2300 program officers, 29500 volunteers and 3200 public participants. Activities include cancer screening/referral, training of ASHA workers and NSS volunteers in cancer outreach activities.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: Under the Govt. of India program, the institution has adopted five villages demonstrating social responsiveness. Students are involved in understanding the village structure and function through baseline household surveys, health education sessions on hazards of substance abuse, nutrition, personal hygiene and healthcare.
- Swachh Bharath Abhiyan: The University actively takes part in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan through student involvement in community programs, educational activities like competitions and quizzes to emphasize the inseparable relation between clean environment and health.
- Charitable social welfare services: Funds are allocated on subsidised treatment (YEN-card), community field/rural development and provision of computers/laptops, printers, air-conditioners, bore-well construction, drinking water, etc to schools and needy people in and around the district. The activities were boosted during the Kerala and Karnataka floods and again during the COVID-109 pandemic where the affected communities with provided with essential commodities and health services. The RHCDC also reaches out to orphanages, rural schools, old age homes and other lesser privileged communities to provide healthcare services.
- Educational support: Free seats for less privileged through merit cum means are provided for the deserving students and Academic Excellence Awardsto meritorious students of schools and colleges of the nearby districts.
Kara Seva: ‘Kara Seva’ is a student initiative reaching out to rural schools and orphanages overall development of schools and school children.
Ashraya: ‘Ashraya’ is a student initiated charitable trust to inculcate social responsibilities and provide help to economically marginalized patients.
Academic Excellence Awards
The Yenepoya Foundation, a unit of Yenepoya Moideen Kunhi Memorial Educational & Charitable Trust (Regd.) and Yenepoya University jointly distributes Academic Excellence Awards to students excelling in SSLC, PUC, & Under Graduate Degree examinations and motivate and encourage them through scholarships every year.
These awards are given to the students of D.K. and Udupi districts of Karnataka and Kasaragod district of Kerala purely on the basis of merit. The recipients of these awards are around 300 every year and the total budget allocated for this purpose is Rs. 10.00 lakhs.
The applicationsare being invited from individuals and institutions. The award is given to individuals who have scored highest percentage in respective examinations (SSLC, PUC, B.A., B.Com, B.Sc, BBM, B.Ed, BCA, Ph.d ) and to a few minority institutions which have secured 100% results. The award consists of cash awards ranging from Rs. 3,000/- to Rs.10,000/- and certificates.The Yenepoya Foundation is also giving excellence awards for the meritorious children of the employees of Yenepoya group who have scored highest percentage in respective examinations.
ISR activities conducted by the departments: