Student Welfare Officers
Each campus has Student Welfare Officers, monitored centrally by Chief Administrative Officer, for addressing the issues pertaining to students and enhancing the quality of their campus experience , irrespective whether the student is a hosteller or a day boarder.
The roles & responsibilities of SWOs are
- Ensure the student conducive Environment on the Campus.
- Extend support to students to excel in their academic and co- curricular activities.
- Ensure special care for the weaker and needy sections of the students.
- Plan and execute programs for holistic development of the students.
- Nominate student representatives to various committees of the college in consultation with the student council.
- Motivate the students to participate effectively in the students related activities.
- Facilitate students to actively involve themselves in life skills & self development activities
- Advice student council as and when required.
- Work with the conveners of various committees’ viz., sports and cultural committee, mandatory committees, examination committee, grievance redressal committee, anti-ragging committee etc.
- Keep in touch with the guardians as and when required.
- Maintenance of students’ discipline and their leave program.
- Monitor the activities of the Wardens of their respective hostels
- Update the day to day administrative activities of their respective campus to Chief Administrative Officer.
Counselling & Student Welfare
Life on Campus is about charting new territories and scaling new heights on an everyday basis. This experience is sometimes accompanied by uncertainty, performance lows in academics and self confidence, anger issues & emotional distress just to name a few. A full time psychotherapist & counsellor is available on campus to ensure holistic emotional wellness to those who seek it.
Cultural and Co-curricular Activities
- Various cultural events are conducted, where the staff and students are encouraged to actively participate.
- Yenepoya Cultural Fest
- Yentity – Staff Culturals
- Renaissance – Student Culturals
The students also actively participate in various cultural and academic fests hosted in other colleges in the district, state and on the national level.
Ms. Sunitha Prakash Prabhu
Ms. Bindhu Alexander
Ms. Sarala Pankajakshan
Ms. Richard Thomas