- To provide access to quality higher education in health sciences and related areas, ensuring equity, to create a vibrant knowledge capital and to create inspiring leaders of tomorrow who can take this country to the forefront of the developed nations.
- To foster academic excellence and global competencies among students in the health profession.
- To create an environment for the generation of new knowledge through meaningful research, adopting latest methods of pedagogy and incorporating modern principles of academics integrated with highest ethical standards.
- To extend the knowledge acquired and new knowledge generated for the development of the community in health management.
Vision 2020 of Yenepoya University is to be in the forefront of the top Universities in India in Health Sciences, while contributing to the development of health care sector through quality education, health care delivery to the rural masses, translational medical research and creating leaders who can contribute to national development.
Goals & Objectives:
- To be at the forefront of innovation by consistently updating curriculum, course content and practices, enabling the students to be competent and well versed in the respective field of study.
- Provide use of cutting edge technology and resources available to ensure effective transaction of the course contents.
- To complement classroom learning with interactive learning systems and hands on training by creating a collaborative Industry University Interface.
- Provide freedom to continuously reform health evaluation systems and be at the forefront of innovation to enable and incorporate best practices in teaching learning.
- To promote research in the frontier areas of the subject by encouraging the faculty and students by inculcating ethical principles in research.
- To facilitate knowledge exchange by organizing seminars, symposia, workshops, lectures and other such activities.
- To facilitate communication and collaboration with academia, industry and society in basic research and health related issues.
- To create advanced centers of research by developing state-of-the-art facilities and meaningful collaborations.
- To sensitize the students towards the social responsibilities by incorporating value education system.
- To extend the University services to the community for building a healthy, empowered and sustainable society.
- To build human resources and develop technologies to respond to the professional needs of the society.
- To take up extension and outreach programs to serve the community in health related areas.