Introduction to the department
• Rural Health Care and Development Centre (RHCDC) is an initiative of the Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) addressing the social responsibility principle of higher educational institutions.
• RHCDC has completed 11 years of service in the rural areas and contributed significantly to the health care of the rural population in the region of D.K. District.
To excel in community oriented medical education along with preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative community care, service and research.
To develop social physicians who are competent to provide comprehensive health care to the community.
• To facilitate additional training of graduates and post graduates in the community settings
• To train doctors as family physicians with a public health perspective
• To make health care services available and affordable to the community
• To educate the community regarding health promotion and disease prevention
• To establish a referral system to the tertiary health care institution for further management
• To implement national health programmes
• To conduct epidemiological longitudinal studies by community participation