The centre was initially called “Yenepoya University Teaching learning centre’. It was renamed in 2013 as the “Centre for Health Professional Education”.
- To be the center of excellence in developing leaders in health professions education
- To encourage the development of knowledge and skills in Health Professionals for performing the role a of competent teacher, mentor & researcher.
- Capacity development of teachers in acquiring new concepts in teaching learning, curriculum development and assessment.
- To facilitate planning, execution and evaluation of need based education innovations under various faculties.
- To promote and conduct educational research
- To foster an educational environment that is conducive to quality learning.
Six FAIMER (Foundation for Advances in International Medical Education and Research) Fellows as Faculty
- Sensitize faculty and postgraduates to the new gadgets of pedagogy through workshops and group discussions, Eg. Problem based learning , Collaborative learning, Evidence Based Learning, Microteaching, etc.
- OSCE, OSPE, Card system for Viva, Continuous Evaluation for postgraduates etc. could be introduced with the help of CHPE.
- Academic programme offered - Certificate course in Health Professionals Education
- Scientific Sessions Conducted - 17 Workshops in the last three years
- Publications in the area of Health Professionals Education – 10
- Details of Workshops & Activities Conducted from the year 2015 - 2019
- CHPE Members List