Introduction to the department
• Rural Health Care and Development Centre (RHCDC) is an initiative of the Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) addressing the social responsibility principle of higher educational institutions.
• RHCDC has completed 11 years of service in the rural areas and contributed significantly to the health care of the rural population in the region of D.K. District.
• To facilitate additional training of graduates and post graduates in the community settings
• To train doctors as family physicians with a public health perspective
• To make health care services available and affordable to the community
• To educate the community regarding health promotion and disease prevention
• To establish a referral system to the tertiary health care institution for further management
• To implement national health programmes
• To conduct epidemiological longitudinal studies by community participation