1. All applications must be signed by all investigators, and other relevant authorities of the university as applicable.
2. Applications must be addressed to the Secretary, Yenepoya University Ethics Committee
3. All applications must be submitted in duplicate (print copies) and one soft copy (CD). Email submissions will not be accepted.
4. Applications received only fifteen days before the scheduled meeting will be eligible to be heard
5. It is the PI's responsibility to submit the corrections advised within the stipulated time.
6. Incomplete forms are liable to undue delays.
7. If required, the PI may be invited by the Secretary, YUEC, to clarify ethical doubts, either orally, or in writing or in the form of a presentation. In such an event, the PI personally has to make himself/herself available for the clarifications. In the unusual event that the PI is unable to be present he/she can send his/her representative along with a letter highlighting reasons for absence.
8. Six-monthly progress reports and study closure report are mandatory.
9. Changes in the title, objectives, methodology and/or analysis requires reporting to the ethics committee, which will decide on whether fresh application for ethical clearance is required.
10. Decisions on ethical waiver, expedited review or full review rest solely with the YUEC.
Please download this checklist; print it, check the items included and submit along with the application
Application form initial submission sponsored regulatory rct
Application initial submission academic or dissertation study
Check list for protocol submission rct
Checklist and sample for informed consent for pg pi
Checklist for protocol submission academic dissertation study