The Equal Opportunity Cell was established by the University of Yenepoya on 28th March, 2013 to address the issues related to staffs & students belonging to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe, Other Backward Caste, minorities, Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) & women on a continual basis. The main objective of the Equal Opportunity Cell is to help and empower the persons with disabilities, students to participate fully in the academic, intellectual, social and cultural life of University on an equal basis.
Aim & Objectives:
1. To promote diversity and inclusive practices on the campus & provide the disadvantaged
groups with adequate opportunities.
2. To ensure a barrier free access to all buildings of Colleges, Departments, Libraries, Hostels and offices .
3. To provide counselling for psychological support and fulfil the needs of PWDs in all categories including Visual, Hearing, Orthopedic, Neurological etc.
4. To examine all possible ways in which the SC/ ST, OBC and minority groups & PWD could be helped .
6. To ensure that there is no discrimination in the University on grounds of disability or minority status.
EOC works for affirmative action for the deprived sections such as persons from SC, ST, OBC ( Non?
creamy layer) categories, persons from religious & language minorities, differently?abled persons
1. Vice-Chancellor - Chairman
2. Registrar - Member
3. Dr. Bindhu, Associate Professor, Anatomy - Co-ordinator
4. Dr.Veena K M, Professor, Dept. of Oral Medicine & Radiology, YDC - Member
5. Dr. Rouchelle C Tellis, Associate Professor, Dept. of Microbiology, YMC - Member
6. Dr. Sashidhar A P, Asst.Professor, Dept. of Pathology, YMC - Member
7. Dr.Prabhakar Adake, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology, YMC - Member
8. Dr. Ryan Fernandes, Asst. Professor, Dept. of General Surgery, YMCH - Member
9. Dr. Mithun H K, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Pediatrics, YMCH - Member
10. Dr. Varun N, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Community Medicine, YMC - Member
11. Ms. Sanjana A, Asst.Professor, College of Pharmacy and Research Centre - Member
12. Ms. Hezil Reema Barboza, Lecturer, College of Nursing - Member
Facilities for employees and students:
1. ESI facility and Yen health card facilities for non teaching employees.
2. Under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) LIC provide Rs 4Lacs to the dependent of the employee in case of death of the employees in service.
3. Daycare facility has been provided for lady staffs.
4. Short term courses like communicative English, local language classes by Ready programme by Protrack education programme.
5. E-learning support through Yengage.
6. Free accessible transport facility.
7. Counselling sessions by welfare officers.
8. Conducting awareness programmes and coordinating with agencies and organizations to mobilize academic and financial resources to provide assistance to students of disadvantaged group.
9. Ramps and lifts for physically disabled staffs.
Future plans of EOC 2018/19
1. Awareness programme for students for easy access for scholarship through organizations and agencies.
2. Construction of more number of ramps and lifts for PWD staffs.